Sunday 15 February 2015

I am a life

I am a life
Valentinus knew this too
His hands on the child of Autsterius
They took for guilt.
He signed, ‘My Valentine’
The quilt, comes to the corner of my eye
It is the suit I assume for the days occasion
Finding food, and turning pages.


I am a life
Lying emblazoned with ‘daughter’ ‘woman’
The sole creator of my own failures
Lies under my fingernails.
A pool of water
But no rain/


I am a life
I watch the same
Pantomime ascend the stage
And they have got the drama right
First family, then love, then age/
It is almost human


I am a life
The applause fades
For the comedy of common cause
I learn to laugh at my mistakes
As future is thrown like old fruit, flowers
A metaphor/


I am a life
Which wastes for days
Over the menagerie of mixed experience
In the tragedy of being blind
But looking for an audience.


I am a life
I watch the comedy
Of open sores on each old foot
My body is comparatively new
My toes move mindless, lined,
Distant.


I am a  life
The scheduled regularity
Of soap and drama as expected
Looking for  a family
They appear, as if projected


I am a life
And for affection
I gather I have learned enough about the role
I have seen it in a storyline perfected

I am an actor of the cold/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment